Sunday, December 18, 2011

TROUBLE AT MACDONALD’S

Sunday, December 18th 2011; McDonald's, Slavija, Belgrade: I went in for the milkshake but I saw the sign they were giving away candle holders if you bought Mc Menu meal. As greedy as I was, and even though harmed by the experience from the last night I let the milkshake go and opted for McFillet Meal and candle holder and the girl disappeared for a while. Sometimes they just grab returned drinks from the counter, I had seen, they do not pour the fresh one in, was it the problem? Alas, when she returned she brought an orange juice drink whose density immediately was a suspect to me. I felt something was wrong with it. Finally – tired of thoughts that some Serbs were going to actually poison me I said to myself: “Now, drink up, drink up. It’s impossible someone will poison you here in MacDonald’s.” I felt something was wrong but since I wanted to conquer my fear I drank without truly inspecting the taste I practically gulped the drink – and it went in like into the drain, however, something was really wrong with that juice. Should I have returned it? Trusting people around here is going to kill me. Now I am writing this with more back kidney pains. When I got home I opened the Scripture and Mark 16:18 gave me a bit of hope “they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” Sorry, but the killing stomach and kidney pains are the reminder if there will ever be the next time in Serbian MacDonald's or any place else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home