Monday, May 28, 2018

jealous beyond belief

today i went to macura museum in the middle of nowhere, 17 miles from Belgrade, to trade some art. the owner, macura, asked me to give him a lift to belgrade, and as we were coming out of the estate I saw new scratches on the front and back of my car. I also noticed that the gate was now unlocked (unlatched rather) even though I had left it locked with an inside latch when I was coming in. I asked macura who or if anybody was there with him, he replied: nestor my local worker just left. I had noticed before, nestor was not so kind when answering phone, but i never gave much thought to it. people get grumpy for many reasons. i visited this place several times this year but did not connect old similar scratches to my visits. macura was reassuring me, do not doubt in me and my workers. I do not know what to think now. I know serbs are jealous beyond belief. they keep thinking: why is this jerk driving better car than i do, he cannot have more than i do, life is unfair. being around serbia just takes its toll, it feels like God is not answering my prayers at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home