Thursday, October 29, 2020

sic semper tyrannis [2020]

somewhere in serbia; 10/29/20

yesterday I produced a new artwork entitled sic semper tyrannis which is written in the following way in serbian language: smrt tiranima! alas, this choice of words obviously rattled someone in the higher echelons of serbian government and the word -most likely the command- got out to all partisan* dogs on the street out there: let’s go get him. there were several attempts on my life today that took place in the matter of hours [got at least two car attacks recorded on car video] and I encountered a number of angry serbs as if I had written that the tyrants were serbian people! what a load of local baloney! we all know who the tyrants are among us.

in the end, this serbian mumbo jumbo [the work's title] almost got me killed. it is the consequence of using serbian language in fine art while in serbia. this is the last bastion of _______ ______ indeed. thus i beg for attention and any help out there to calm down these blood thirsty monsters within the serbian government will be much appreciated [at least you could start writing them postcards + plea notes to leave me alone]. my goal has never been to belittle and hurt anyone’s feelings but some fellow countrymen are hell bent on charging me as if their lives depend on it. it does appear they were given advice to go ahead and hurt me. i have translated that to -- serbia indeed vouches no freedom; particularly no artistic freedom in whatever sense. hope instant karma comes back to the nastiest ones.

 * (politics)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home