Sunday, September 03, 2017

that sign

the receipt for Led Lenser hi-powered LED flashlight bought at Snajper DOO, Masarikova 4, Belgrade, Serbia
 for all these years I have been trying to figure out serbs to no avail. Zoran kostic cane said: “we have spent all chances to become born again as a nation. We are unconscious beings, half baked nation.we like death more than life while life hurts and death is painless.when they are born, people in serbia are not alive, they live without explanation.they are alive but they had never been born.They prefer animosity over anything.”
namely, an example, I went into the gun store yesterday to purchase a very bright 400 lumen flashlight. the first thing an older guy working there does, is – he turns the damn thing on and carelessly points it out into my eyes from the counter, distance probably a feet away. the engagement lasted for several seconds until I realized (daylight) what was going on and turned my head away. of course you are not expecting someone who handles guns everyday to point anything high energy in your face unless he wants to blind you. I did not feel much burn at that very moment and I continued shopping. what amazed me, the same guy gave me discount for a baseball hat I purchased there next. and that was after he had pointed high powered 400 lumen flashlight into my eyes. I even asked him if he knew that this beam was not supposed to be pointed into someone’s eyes and he replied something in the lines of – it won’t do much eye damage. well, im writing this the next day and I can feel the burning is still there as if the eye and its surrounding were burnt. that is why I cannot figure out serbs. to me they are either careless or violent or violent-careless, influenced by hate at first and then remorseful, they harm you and then they feel sorry and discount your goods.

the only nation I ever felt fully compliant with was American to some degree, it was like brothers, too bad that association did not last. well, anyways, in some other life may be.

the same day I went into maxi store on boulevard oslobodjenja near autokomanda square. I was checking out my purchases and the guy who was in line after me swang around and stood behind me as I was packing my purchases. his wife and a grandchild (child?) remained as they were putting their stuff on the counter. I could sense danger and I turned my head couple of times to check on this guy who was ‘dangerously’ close behind me. he was immersed in making all kinds of jingling noises with his keys. all of a sudden he asked me: “did you show that sign to me or someone outside?” – he motioned his face towards a window to point out what the “outside” meant. I replied: “don’t know what are you talking about? I did not show any sign or anything.” he repeated: "that sign" and probably showed something with his hands while i was not looking. as he was brushing up himself to further engage in conversation I also told him: “you know there are many crazies out there who imagine things, miracles….” He added: “yes, the sun is making people crazy in their heads.”
“you got the point.” I replied and left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home